Monday 11 July 2011

What's the use?

Finding things to do, that help us to feel worthy, and like we are truly fulfilling our purpose on earth is difficult and has been something I have wondered about for a while. Some people say follow your heart, some people say, follow the money. I know that my heart will never lead me along the money route, but where will it lead?

I recently filled out a questionnaire which helps you to isolate what your Spiritual Gifts are. This questionnaire comes as part of the Network Course, which is all about finding your place in God's plans for his people. I came out with a few obviously helpful gifts, like teaching and helps. I also came out with a less emphasized gift: Craftsmanship.

Where can I use this gift, while still making a difference to people's lives, and without having to be super organized? People say, "well, you can make things to help other people's ministry." But I want this to be a form of ministry. I don't want to make stuff and have others see the effect.

This week though, I am helping out on a kids holiday club, and I am watching them interact with a hall that I helped to decorate in the theme. This is making me start to realise that maybe a gift of making things isn't so useless after all. Maybe my bit will be one of the most important in changing some one's life.

I think I need to accept what my gift is and use it to glorify God. I should stop playing down my talents, and let them shine to the world. Show the world that I am proud of the gifts that God has given me! Hiding my talents is a bad idea, and people hate false modesty as much as they hate boasting.

Time to take the mask off that aspect of my personality, and let people see the craftsman shine through!

No comments:

Post a Comment