Monday 10 February 2014

Weekends and class work

There are times when it is obviously important to be doing work, but it is very difficult to know what exactly that work is. That is what has happened to me this weekend. I have wanted to try and get ahead on my project work for PCU/NVP and for VIS (a design type course) but I have had trouble crystallising my ideas of what work needs to be done. I am tempted to say that this is because I am waiting on details from other group members, but actually, I think it is because I don't have a very strong idea of what is happening in the project myself, and so I need to work out these details.

My role in the groups is also slightly unclear perhaps, which means that when I want to spend the weekend working on some specific thing, I struggle to define to myself what the thing is. I have a very straight forward approach to my courses, when I have work to do I like to get it done immediately, and when I spend a long period of time trying to define the homework that I need to do I kind of get dispirrited.

So. instead I think I should focus on how most people spend their weekends. Playing Squash matches with family, visiting the library, and otherwise relaxing. This might be a bit unusual, but I find it quite enjoyable, and it certainly stops me from doing any work.This was very pleasant, and ended with a family braai, but still left me feeling edgy for not having got anything done all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment